|Tax Status:||Including VAT|
|Tax Information:||Including VAT if purchased by EU citizen|
Leros Aegean Islands Greece|
Regrettable sale of our much loved Amel Sharki, SV 'RIBELLU', a 39' cutter-rigged ketch with an excellent pedigree of seagoing vessels.
She is Australian flagged and owned, which can make it an easy purchase for an Aussie or a fast transfer to other flags.
She still retains her original French VAT receipt and I understand that if sold to an EU national, the EU VAT Paid status is retained (do your own research).
Purchased by us in Corsica, France, in 2018, we lived aboard for two extended seasons in 2018 & 2019 before COVID halted our plans, and now life has changed those plans further. We would like her to find a new owner to take good care of RIBELLU (in Corsican language, it means 'Rebel').
She is currently on the hardstand in Leros, Greece - which is an excellent location to start your journey, with multiple transport options to/from Leros, multiple marina, chandlery and support businesses on the island, ease of ordering in parts when needed, proximity to excellent cruising grounds in the Dodecanese and Aegean islands, as well as the turkish coastline.
The current owner will provide a full handover - in-person if travel allows or at minimum remotely via phone/video.
Built in 1985 as Sharki build number 129, from the highly regarded AMEL factory in France, SV RIBELLU is as strong as they come and built to be a liveaboard worldwide cruiser with safety as top priority. The functionality and contingency in-built to this yacht demonstrates that AMEL had this type of owner in mind when designing/building. An example includes the in-built fresh water tanks mounted on top of the keel down the centreline, which act as an additional ballast function, giving a huge 750 litres capacity, and the level is checked by a float function gauge designed never to break / need replacing. The hard cockpit is extremely protected from the elements and provides excellent family safety - we have been well protected from strong winds and comfortable when others on yachts with soft cockpits are struggling to sea and getting soaking wet! The rudder is hung on a skeg which protects it very well. The keel ballast is encapsulated within the moulding of the hull (it is not bolted on) - so not keel bolts to worry about!
The reliability of this yacht to cruise in remote locations is second to none. RIBELLU has been extremely reliable for us and we are confident of the same for the next owner. Can sleep 6 people comfortably, but ideal for 1-4 people liveaboard.
Other major features include:
- 1 x 2008 Yanmar 4JH4-TE engine (75HP) - approx 3200hrs - running excellent, regularly maintained, never had any issues, winterised whilst in storage, excellent power for this size yacht. A large amount of spare parts onboard (as we were planning longer-distance cruising), including a new unused stainless exhaust elbow (HDI Marine, USA), oils, belts, impellors, filters, spare prop. Very efficient at approx 3 litres/hour.
- 350L in-built Diesel fuel tank (full tank aboard). Fuel polishing system onboard which was used regularly to minimise risk of tank bug.
- A complete tools inventory that we would be happy to pass to the next owner, including tools for engines, electrics, plumbing, power tools, etc.
- Inflatable soft floor dinghy (ok condition, but has some glue patch jobs. It got us around with regular maintenance); can be towed, lifted on deck, or folded up and fits inside one of the bow lockers! Yamaha 2006 3AMH 3HP 2-stroke outboard, very light to lift on/off dinghy, easy to maintain, reliable.
- Sail inventory: Large aprx 150% Genoa on electric furler (good condition), In-mast furling main and mizzen (very good condition), two spare sails (smaller jibs; not used by us). Previous owner installed the second-forestay for a smaller sail - it has a Profurl furler installed but we did not rig any sail on it.
- New solar system installed in 2019, including: 3 x 180W monocrystaline panels wired in parallel for 540W @ 36V, combined with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller 100/50 (can charge at up to 50 amps per hour). One panel is mounted on cockpit roof and the others are mounted on the stern quarter guardrails in a 'wing' type arrangement (fold up or down). This system has worked extremely well in our first season of use with zero need to ever run engine to charge batteries.
- New exhaust outlet installed 2019, and some new thruhulls in 2018
- House Batteries are 2 x Trojan 6-volt L16H-AC wired in series for 435Ah at 12-volts. Have been good and reliable to us.
- Engine start battery (1) needs to be replaced after recent checking by the yard.
- 240V outlets onboard, inverter, battery charger, shore power - all functioning.
- Original shaft generator still functioning (can charge batteries from shaft spinning whilst under sail).
- Wind generator on PWM solar controller
- AMEL original autopilot, still working great.
- Spare thru-hulls installed in preparation for a watermaker install.
- Jabsco marine toilet with manual flushing, regularly maintained. New holding tank installed in 2019.
- Bowthruster, retractable as originally in-built by Amel. Gives strong power to assist berthing. At the start of each sealon we replaced gear oil and seals.
- 21kg Ultra Anchor (stainless), which has provided EXCELLENT holding in winds up to 65 knots! We have never dragged anchor once set properly.
- 80m of 10mm galvinished anchor chain - very handy to have that extra length! Also additional aprx 30m rope rode.
- Lofrans Tigres windlass, good working order.
- LPG cooking system, 12V refridgeration, fresh water pressure system, all in good working order.
- all mechanical systems such as rudder, steering, propellor, gearbox, shaft seal all in good working order when last used.
- all running and standing rigging in good condition when last used/checked. Masts in good condition.
- float alarm bilge pumps, manual bilge pump, and a submersible/portable 12V emergency bilge pump are all onboard.
- ICOM HF radio in working order (with insulated backstay ariel)
- ICOM VHF radio with DSC + 1 x handheld VHF
- Digital Yacht AIS transmitter installed in 2018, works very well.
- Furuno radar, working condition.
- Navtex, working condition.
- Chartplotter in cockpit, functioning but card only of use from Adriatic and to the west. Has AIS receival feed into maps so still of use in current area.
- Kenwood bluetooth stereo head unit installed in 2018, with USB port.
- Various Mediterranean pilot books (Italy, Adriatic, Greece, Turkey). Large compilation of older paper nav charts and navigation tools.
- 6 man liferaft
- Mooring lines. Also an approx 50m roll of line attached on stern for easy med morring / tying line to shore (very common in Greece & Turkey especially).
- Large double size aft owners cabin. 12V fan and USB charging ports installed.
- Excellent storage spaces throughout, for food, spares, personal items.
- 2 x inflatable 11' stand-up paddleboards currently onboard (likely included in sale). Together with snorkelling equipment, wetsuit, etc.
- Magma kettle style stainless bbq mounted on stern
- swimming platform, and also original Amel side ladder.
- 2 x diesel and 1 x unleaded plastic jerry cans
- Hot water boiler, working condition during last use (from engine or 240V)
- Surveyed by Olivier Beaute (Atlantic Yacht Survey) in 2018 for our pre-purchase survey. Olivier is a renowned Amel surveyor after having worked at the Amel factory for 20 or so years. He provided a very positive survey of RIBELLU which led to our purchase.
Please contact me to arrange an inspection or for any questions.
|Vessel type:||Cutter-rigged Ketch sailing yacht|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Yanmar 4JH4-TE|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||11.95m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Hull colour:||White with red antifoul|
|Keel type:||Fin Keel|
|Displacement:||12200 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||350 Litres|
|Water capacity:||750 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||50 Litres|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.